What does the Bible tell us about our stuff?
The Bible gives us many verses that talk about the resources we get to manage for God. For this post, I put together a few of my favorites.
Here are ten awesome Bible verses on stewardship:
- The earth is the LORD’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, (Psalm 24:1)
- Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. (1 Chronicles 29:12)
- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17)
- Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. (Colossians 3:23–24)
- His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ (Matthew 25:21)
- Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man’s dwelling, but a foolish man devours it. (Proverbs 21:20)
- Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; (Proverbs 3:9)
- For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. (Matthew 25:29)
- As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: (1 Peter 4:10)
- If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? (Luke 16:11)
Of course, there are a number of other great Bible verses about stewardship in the Bible. And they continue to remind us that God owns everything, and we are to wisely manage any resource that finds its way under our control.
Use everything you have to point others to God and to advance His Kingdom.Art Rainer
This is stewardship.